18 September 2013

The Things I love/miss about New Zealand I

Hi everyone :)






There are many things I love about New Zealand but the one thing that really stands out is that Kiwis are just so much more chilled out then Europeans are. It is really refreshing. 
Like when I got redirected to Christchurch (read about that here) and met a really amazing people.
After we got off the plane we had to queue for about 2 hours till JetStar had provided all of us with accommodation and a flight back to Wellington the next day. 
While we were standing in line I got talking to the 2 women who were standing behind me. I mean we were all waiting so we might as well put our time to good use. 
And that is what I love about New Zealand: It is so easy to just talk to people and really get a conversation going. And everyone is so nice.
So it did not take long until we were talking about how we got into this situation and how I had been traveling for over 2 days and still hadn't made it to my final destination. 
We all got to stay at the same hotel and took a cab together. We kept chatting and found out we were all on the same flight back too Wellington as well. In the morning we had breakfast together and got on the same cab to the airport.
We had a really good time and thanks to those 2 our unexpected stay in Christchurch wasn't so bad after all. I mean we got to stay at a 4 star hotel :)

I stopped complaining about being redirected when I saw this bed :D

I took a shower before I went to bed and in the morning just because I loved the bathroom so much :D

When we finally arrived in Wellington, Stace and her partner gave me a lift into town and invited me to their gig on Friday. 
I had nothing better to do and they were such lovely people that I was more then happy to go. Also Stace had said she would put my name at the door so I wouldn't have to pay anything which made it even more convenient ;) 
And this being New Zealand I was not worried about going alone, because you always meet people in New Zealand. 





I would have never done that in Germany, too worried about being alone or standing awkwardly in the corner.
When I got there Stace introduced me to 'her' people and they took me in like a long lost friend. I enjoyed myself a lot that night meeting new people and even learning a bit of Maori. I wasn't very successful with it but it was a lot of fun nevertheless :D

The venue it was held at very conveniently was a place I had been to before for a gig last year. It is a great place for things like this.




The show that they put on was incredible. I loved the music but it was even better with the way they dressed and made it all freaky and stuff. I had such a good time. 
They are called Poppy Dust and you should really go check them out :)




So if you ever go to New Zealand and are worried about meeting new people you technically just have to stand at a bus stop alone long enough and you will meet someone :)

x
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment